It is very important that a franchisor has a very well documented and a proven system of operation in the form of an operations manual. Infact this could be amongst the most valuable asset that the franchisor provides to the franchise system. The benefits of having the right manuals are as follows:
- They form the core of what the franchise has to do and helps in defining their roles clearly and eventually help them to run the franchise efficiently.
- Since the operation manual contains detailed procedures, it helps reduce time and effort for the franchisor and franchisee whilst assisting new franchisees.
- Operations manuals are very effective training tools, which ensures uniformity and consistency in the franchise system.
- When the operations and roles are clear, they form a strong foundation to the franchise agreement.
- We have noticed at several times that while a franchisor goes about creating these manuals it helps them examine their businesses minutely and bring about improvements in the way they currently run their business.
- Operation manuals help the franchisor create a base system upon which changes are constantly made whilst markets & technologies change. It becomes easier to bring about these changes and put it across the entire system for efficient executions.
We have also seen that these documents when done professionally form amongst the strongest tools of selling a franchise program.